Announcing the Docents' Choice Award
Plant of the Year for 2016
MOJAVE SAGE, SALVIA PACHYPHYLLA
WHAT DO DOCENTS DO?
- · Learn and teach about the plants most appropriate for our area
- · Provide leadership for DBS events and educational activities such as Gardens on Tour, educational workshops and Bulb Sale
- · Manage garden maintenance and development
- · Serve the community in interesting and rewarding ways and develop leadership skills
- · Contribute to horticultural science through data collection and plant trials
- · Work with horticultural experts, including regional and nationally known botanists and garden designers
- · Share your love of gardening with visitors, both local and out-of-town
- · Be a part of the NEW Durango Botanic Garden, under development.